Stovetop Rosemary Potatoes and KaleDecember 18, 2020
Servings: 3 Difficulty: easy
- 1 lb. small potatoes sliced ( about 1/2 inch thick)*
- 1/4 cup small diced yellow onion*
- 1/4 cup oil of choice (olive oil, rendered bacon fat or vegetable oil)
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary*
- 2 cups rinsed and chopped kale*
- Heat up a heavy bottom pan or cast-iron skillet until it starts to smoke a little.
- Add the oil and onions and start to brown for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes, seasoning, and Rosemary then continue to cook for 2 minutes. Once the potatoes start to brown, add in the stock and bring to a boil. Make sure the potatoes are spread around the pan evenly.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to medium for about 10 minutes.
- Continue to cook the potatoes until tender and the liquid has almost totally evaporated.
- Add in the kale and cover again for 5 more minutes until the kale is wilted and the potatoes have browned.
- Uncover the pan and stir the kale into the potatoes.
- Check for seasoning to taste and enjoy!
Tags: Kale, Low Sodium Stock, Olive Oil, Pepper, Rosemary, Salt, Small Potatoes, Yellow Onion, Fall, Winter