Rosemary Roasted VeggiesDecember 8, 2020
Servings: 4-6 Difficulty: easy
- root veggies, cut the same size (carrots, potatoes, beets, turnips, radish, etc)
- grapeseed oil or avocado oil (high smoke point)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. If you have a convection oven this is a great time to use it for a crispier roast. (At this high temp we want to use a high smoke point oil like grapeseed or avocado rather than olive oil.)
- When using seasonal and local ingredients, you do not need to peel them! The skin has so many nutrients and even probiotics from the soil! So save yourself the time and put your peeler away!
- You can dice your root veggies any way you’d like (or even keep them whole if they are small)! The idea is to keep them the same thickness so they cook at the same time.
- Spread them out evenly on a sheet tray. Be sure not to overcrowd the tray which will prevent them from browning. Use 2 trays if needed.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and minced rosemary. Toss them together with your hands so everything coats evenly.
- Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your veggies until they are evenly browned.
- Remove and serve!
This recipe comes from Simply Seasonal Cooking Show