Quinoa & Veggie WrapsMarch 30, 2022
Servings: 2-4 Difficulty: easy
- 4 collard leaves – or Romaine Leaves – Kale or Spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup hummus (any variety)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber
- Chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots , grated
- 1/2 cup sprouts
To cook collard leaves:
- Fill a skillet 1″ high with water. Bring the water to a boil then, one at a time, submerge the collard leaves into the water allowing them to cook for 15 – 20 seconds. Move the leaves around in the water (flip if necessary until the whole leaf has turned bright green & is cooked. Allow the leaves to cool completely.
To prepare the leaves:
- When ready to assemble, carefully cut the stem out of the leaf. Start towards the top, run your knife along the rib of the leaf, being careful not to cut a hole in the leaf itself. Cut all the way to the bottom of the stem and cut the stem off.
- **To make it easy **– use Romaine leaves – Kale – Spinach – instead of Collard leaves
- To assemble: divide all the ingredients into four. Spread the hummus into the center of each leaf, then top with quinoa, cucumber, tomato, carrot, sliced avocado and finishing with the sprouts.
- To fold the wraps: fold in the sides. Take the edge facing you and fold it over the ingredients. Roll away from you as tightly as possible.