Mexican Chorizo and Rice-Stuffed Artichokes: Alcachofas rellenas de chorizo y arrozMarch 16, 2022
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Medium
- 4 artichokes, cleaned, steamed, & chokes removed, stems trimmed
- 2 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken stock as needed
- Remove the chorizo casings and cook the chorizo in a skillet, breaking up large clumps. Using a slotted spoon, remove chorizo to a paper-towel lined plate. Pour off the fat from the chorizo and wipe out the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the stove, add the olive oil, and sauté the onion and pepper until softened. Add the tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Return the chorizo to the skillet, add the cooked rice, and stir to combine thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the artichokes, starting with the cavity left by removing the choke, and opening the leaves to push additional stuffing into the spaces between them.
- Place the artichokes into a baking dish, add chicken stock to a depth of 1 inch, and cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To serve, remove the artichokes from the baking dish, and drizzle a little additional olive oil over each.
Tags: Artichoke, Chorizo, Rice