Judy’s Magical Eggplant RecipeJune 27, 2022
Servings: 4+ Difficulty: Easy
- Mozzarella cheese in the round
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Cajun seasoning (optional)
- Combine the Marinade for the tomatoes: 2 cups Red Wine Vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sugar, Salt, Pepper, 1 cup of Olive Oil, Basil
- Slice the tomatoes and place in the mixture and marinate while you prepare the eggplant.
- Prepare the eggplant wash: 2 eggs, 1 cup of milk
- Prepare the flour dip: Place 2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup cajun seasoning (optional) into a Ziploc bag (makes it easier) or onto a plate.
- Heat some cooking oil on the stove
- Prepare the eggplant: Slice the eggplant into thick rounds, take several pieces and dip into the wash. Place them onto the plate or into the bag and shake. Place the floured pieces into the oil and cook the first side until it is golden brown. Turn the pieces over and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Removed cooked eggplant pieces and allow them to rest on a plate. Cover with a paper towel. Repeat until all eggplant is cooked.
- Arrange the eggplant on a cookie sheet and put mozzarella on each piece. Broil until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serving – Place a slice of the marinated otmato and a sliver of basil on each cooked eggplant piece.
Tags: Basil, Cajun Seasoning, Eggplant, Eggs, Flour, Mozzarella, Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar Salt, Sugar, Tomatoes, Spring, Summer