Easy Refrigerator PicklesMay 17, 2022
Servings: 1 or 2 Difficulty: Easy
- 4 or more pickling cucumbers, sliced into rounds or spears
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher or pickling salt (Do not use iodized table salt for this recipe.)
- ***2 tsp pickling spice can be substituted for the below***
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-6 sprigs fresh dill OR 1 tsp dill seed
- 1 bay leaf
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more/less to taste
- Add the water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, garlic, dill and bay leaf to a large (1-quart) jar — or divide the mixture evenly between two small (1-pint) jars — and stir to combine.
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the jar(s). Then place the lids on the jar(s), and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate ideally for at least 2 days before eating, although you can totally dive in before that time. The pickles will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
**Feel free to stir in some sweetener (honey, sugar, etc.) if you’d like sweeter pickles.**